Part of our mission is to provide education to our community about advanced illness, dying, and bereavement.
Our staff is here to share their knowledge about issues related to advanced illness, dying, bereavement, and how hospice works. Please let us know if we can answer your questions or connect you with resources or information.
Please email us or call 607-272-0212 with any questions about our educational resources.
Our Hospicare blog is full of articles and stories that provide additional information, resources and perspectives. Some of the topics covered include:
- How to make sure your wishes are followed if you are unable to speak for yourself
- Tips or insights on dealing with grief and bereavement
- Information on the dying process
- Updates on what’s happening in the news or about special events we’re planning
- Stories from Hospicare staff and volunteers or from donors or family members of our patients.
Community Lending Library
We have a collection of articles and books on grief and loss in our Cortland and Ithaca offices. They are available for check out by members of the community. Categories include grief in general, death of a spouse/partner, spirituality and grief, and books to help children with loss.
The bookshelves in the living room of the Nina K. Miller Hospicare Center in Ithaca includes a smaller collection of books on grief and loss. We also have books on death and dying, spirituality.
We send a monthly e-news which includes articles and information about our upcoming educational events. You can subscribe on our homepage.
View past annual reports here.