Part of our mission is to provide education to our community about advanced illness, dying, and bereavement.
Our staff is here to share their knowledge about issues related to advanced illness, dying, bereavement, and how hospice works. Please let us know if we can answer your questions or connect you with resources or information.
Articles and stories
Our Hospicare blog provides additional information, resources and perspectives. Some of the topics covered include:
- How to make sure your wishes are followed if you are unable to speak for yourself
- Tips or insights on dealing with grief and bereavement
- Information on the dying process
- Updates on what’s happening in the news or about special events we’re planning
- Stories from Hospicare staff and volunteers or from donors or family members of our patients.
We have bereavement libraries and resources on grief and loss in both of our offices. These libraries include books and articles that are available for check out by members of the community. Categories include grief in general, death of a spouse/partner, spirituality and grief, and books to help children with loss.
The bookshelves in the Great Room of the Nina K. Miller Hospicare Center in Ithaca includes a smaller collection of books on grief and loss. We also have books on death and dying, spirituality.
You can also find out more about us by reading our newsletter, annual report, or signing up to receive our monthly e-newsletters. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter, where we share information and articles related to the work we do.