Create a legacy of caring
If you would like to support Hospicare as part of your financial planning goals, we can help.
What would planned giving do for me?
- Cut your taxes. Receive deductions for income, gift and estate taxes. Transfer highly appreciated assets to cut or eliminate capital gains taxes.
- Let you receive income while making a significant gift to Hospicare while you are living.
- Help you manage your resources by making a gift of real estate, appreciated securities, or closely held stock.
How would my gift help Hospicare?
- Donations support us as we tend to the dying and their families. It makes you a partner in this important work.
- Money contributed to the endowment ensures Hospicare will be here for years to come.
- Gifts fill the gap for people who cannot afford to pay for care.
How do I remember Hospicare in my will?
You can either make a new will or modify an existing will by adding a codicil. Another option is to include Hospicare in your revocable trust. The amount of the bequest is deductible from the taxable portion of your estate. Here is sample language you may use:
“I hereby give, devise, and bequeath to Hospicare and Palliative Care Services of Tompkins County, Inc., a nonprofit corporation in Ithaca, New York, for the general purposes of the organization [number of dollars]/[all of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate].”
Donate through your Donor Advised Fund
You can make a gift from your donor advised fund directly to Hospicare. Donating through our DAF-Direct will also not incur a transaction fee by you or our organization.
To find out more, contact us:
All of these arrangements may be tailored to suit your needs. There are many ways you can make meaningful gifts to Hospicare. We also recommend you check with your financial adviser to discuss your particular situation. Please contact Sara Worden, Director of Development & Community Relations, at 607-272-0212 if you would like more information or email her.