2023 marks Hospicare’s 40th Anniversary! All year long we will be honoring 40 years of care while working to ensure the future.
We have an important announcement for our community!
40 years ago, a group of concerned citizens, seeing a need in our community, formed Hospicare as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Ever since that day, our community has helped keep it going, making it possible for Hospicare to provide tender hospice nursing and counseling care, palliative support, and bereavement services to thousands of people in this region.
Today there are challenges–powerful system and economic forces–like exploding healthcare staffing costs, for-profit hospice providers that make huge profits by providing less care, inflation, and the pandemic’s disruption of the healthcare system.
Today there are also wonderful opportunities for friends and supporters of Hospicare to ensure a strong future of care for all who need it.
In this, our 40th year, we ask for your participation to help us tell our inspiring story and help us strengthen Hospicare:
- Share your story – Are you a volunteer, grateful family member, or staff member with a story to tell? We would love to hear from you. Fill out this form or call Sara Worden at 607-272-0212.
- Follow us on social media and like or share our posts!
- Become a volunteer – Next training begins in February!
- Donate – As the area’s only nonprofit hospice, we rely on the generosity of donors like you. Donate today or contact Emily Hopkins about including Hospicare in your Planned Giving.
- Swim – 2023 marks Women Swimmin’ for Hospicare’s 20th swim!! 300+ amazing, brave, strong, resilient, badass women will swim across the lake to raise money for patient and family care. Will you be among them, or will you sponsor a swim?
- Attend an event – Stay tuned for ways to honor this milestone!
Read about our history on our blog!