Many Hospicare supporters, including community members, businesses, organizations, family and friends of patients, often ask, “Is there anything specific you need for the Hospicare?” As a non-profit organization, and because reimbursement falls short of covering the actual cost of providing care and services, we rely heavily on the generosity of donors to assist us in meeting the needs of our patients and families. We have developed a wish list to assist us in meeting the needs of those we serve.
For health reasons we are unable to accept used goods.
We only accept gifts of goods listed on our Wish list.
Items can be dropped off between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday, or by appointment only on the weekend.
We maintain an Amazon.com Wish List containing specific items that can be purchased and shipped directly to us, easily and automatically. If you shop through Amazon Smile, you can select Hospicare & Palliative Care Services as the charity you support and 0.5% of your purchase price will be donated to Hospicare.
For the Residence
New items only please:
- Hanging flower baskets (spring-summer only)
- Standing potted plants for the deck (spring-summer only)
- Wegmans’ gift cards to buy groceries for resident meals
- Tea bags – herbal, decaffeinated, and black all welcome
- Soft facial tissues (like Puffs) unscented, without lotion
- Headphones and audio extensions for residents’ TVs
- Gift cards to AC Moore, Target and craft stores for craft materials
- LED Tea lights with extra batteries for the Music Program
For use in our Patients’ Homes
New items only please:
- Baby monitors, so families can keep an eye on their loved one from another room
- Matching sheet sets (extra-long twin)
- Reusable microwavable heating pads to ease pain in patients’ backs, necks, or legs (the best is filled with grain and sized between 20-48 inches long, by 10-12 inches wide
- Large, plastic pill organizers
- Wedge pillow, to help patients be comfortable in bed
- CD player
- CDs of religious music
For use by our staff and volunteers
- 8.5″ x 11″ copy paper
- Forever stamps from the US Postal Service
- Paper plates, cups, napkins–(new, unopened packages)
- Sticky notes — sizes 3”x 3” or 2” x 1 1/2”
- Batteries — especially AAA size
- Gas gift cards for volunteer transportation to patient homes
For the Garden
- Sunflower seed for birds–black oil only, please
- Suet for our birds
- Gift cards to Agway
(No books needed at this time, please check back soon)
We appreciate new or gently used copies of the following, to give away to grieving families or for use in our library. Buffalo Street Books (607-273-8246, email@example.com) has stocked many titles, and we encourage you to support your independent local bookstore! For those not in the area or unable to get around town easily, these and other books can be ordered and automatically shipped to us via our Amazon.com Wish List.